Antalya Zoo was opened in 1989 by the Municipality of Antalya. Antalya zoo, which also serves as a theme park, is one of the places visited especially by families. In addition to visiting the zoo, there are also walking, resting and picnic areas in the park.
The zoo, with an area of 400 decares, is among the largest zoos in Turkey, and it is also the largest structurally of its kind in the country. Apart from animals, there are both artificial and natural lakes in Antalya Zoo. You can come here not only to see the animals, but also to have a picnic in the recreation areas around the garden. You can spend a pleasant time with your family or friends.
There are not only picnic areas but also playgrounds for families with children.
Antalya Zoo Sections
- Reptile House: Reptile house is established on an area of 650 square meters. While 350 square meters of this area is used for winter, the remaining 300 square meters is used for summer. Many different types of reptiles are found in this section. The reptiles in the reptile house are snake and crocodile species.
- Two-hoofed animals: The ungulates section is located in a large area surrounded by wires. This area has a design in accordance with the natural habitat of the creatures living in it. This section is divided into two different areas as summer and winter. In this section, there are fallow deer, gazelle, roe deer, red deer and mountain goats.
- Equidae animals: As in the other sections, this section is divided into two different areas as summer and winter. This section includes animals such as zebra, pony and donkey.
- Predators: In this section, which consists of two different areas as summer and winter, there are predators such as puma, tiger and lion.
- Birds of Prey: This section consists of high rocks designed in accordance with the nature of birds of prey. The nest of birds is located on these rocks. There are 4 different bird species in this section.
- Pheasants: The section consists of shelters of 40 square meters each. There are 12 different pheasant species in this section.
- Chickens: This section, where there are 9 different chicken species, consists of 20 square meters of shelters.
- Rabbits: This section, where rabbits from 4 different species live, consists of 12 square meters of shelters.
Antalya Zoo Visiting Hours
The zoo is open to visitors seven days a week. The service days are divided into two separate periods, the winter period and the summer period.
Summer Period: It covers the dates of 15 May – 15 November. The opening time on these dates is 09:00. Closing time is 19.00.
Winter Period: It covers the dates of 15 November – 15 May. The opening time on these dates is 09:00. Closing time is 18:00.