Koprulu canyon national park is located approximately 60 km from the center of Manavgat and 90 km from Antalya. It was declared a national park in 1973. Koprucay River and Selge Ancient City are located within the borders of the national park.
Koprulu Canyon National Park
Koprulu canyon is preferred for many different activities, especially rafting. Tours to Koprulu canyon are organized from many touristic places of Manavgat and Antalya. The road to the canyon is smooth and there are resting areas, cafes and restaurants on the way.
The split valley located between Beşkonak and Bolasan villages, which constitutes the value of the park, has a length of 14 km and a wall height of more than 100 meters. These features of the valley make the canyon one of the longest canyons in Turkey.
Koprucay waters flow into the sea in the southern part of Serik district. The canyon is fed by groundwater. Selge Ancient City is located on a land located in the western part of Koprucay. While you are in the park, you can also visit this ancient city.
Many historical structures such as aqueducts, castles, historical roads and bridges belonging to the Roman Period, which are located on the side of the river and belong to the ancient city, increase the importance of this place.
If you want to get detailed information about Selge Ancient City, you can take a look at our Selge Ancient City article that we have prepared for you.
Koprulu Canyon National Park Activities
Tourists come here to do many activities. We have listed these activities for you:
- You can do rafting on the Koprucay river, which is fed continuously in all seasons and has a high flow.
- There are many beautiful places for picnics in the national park. You can have a nice time with your family or friends.
- You can discover the beauties of the park by taking a nature walk or taking part in bicycle tours.
- You can swim in some parts of the canyon. You can cool off by swimming in the cold waters of the river, especially in the inner parts of the canyon.
- It has the largest cypress forest of the whole Mediterranean Region with an area of 400 hectares located within the borders of the park. If you like to spend time in nature, one of the most beautiful places in Antalya with its nature is Koprulu canyon national park.
- You can see Adam rocks, also called Devil’s rocks, which have remarkable geomorphological features.
- You can also see St. Paul’s Road, known as the path of St. Paul, whose 45 km part is located within the borders of the park.
- You can also see the Tazi canyon, which is very close to Koprulu canyon national park. If you want to get detailed information about the canyon, you can also take a look at the Tazi canyon article we have prepared for you on our website.